West Houston Counseling Center offers several options for couples seeking help in their relationships. Services are available for couples from many different cultural backgrounds and sexual orientations to help them communicate more effectively and find joy in their relationship again or simply to stop problems before they start. Some types of couples therapy include:
- Couples Therapy / Marriage Counseling: Helping couples recovery from infidelity, improve communication, and restore connection. Marriage counseling and couples therapy typically revolve around restoring long-term relationships and may require a long term commitment to repair wounds and restore the intimacy. Many of our therapists have been trained in Gottman Marriage therapy.
- Relationship Counseling: Helping people improve communication, resolve anger, establish boundaries and understand distance in family, work and peer relationships. Relationship counseling is not limited to marriage counseling or couples counseling. Business partners, family members, and students often benefit from relationship counseling.
- Pre-marital Counseling: Helping couples to have a marriage just as beautiful as their wedding – understanding connection, intimacy, communication and partnership to build a marriage that lasts.
- Solution Focused Brief Relationship Workshop – This is a 5 day relationship “Check-up” delivered in a rapid but structured format to help build a solid foundation for couples and address potential issues before they become larger, more serious issues.
- Custom Relationship Counseling Intensives – Discuss creating an intensive program to jumpstart healing in your relationship from betrayal, substance abuse, or other serious issues effecting your relationships.
Recommended Resources for Couples Therapy
- PREPARE / ENRICH Pre-Marital and Couples Relationship Assessment
- The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts by Gary Chapman
- The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work by John M. Gottman and Nan Silver
- The Love Dare by Stephen Kendrick and Alex Kendrick
- Gottman Marriage Minute – by the Gottman Institute
For more information on our therapists who offer couples counseling, visit our counselors page.